WELCOME TO GEORGE WILLIAMS HOTEL
Locally-owned George Street Hotel In Premium Brisbane CBD Location
Located on George Street, in the heart of Brisbane City, the George Williams Hotel is a convenient and affordable destination for business and leisure travellers visiting this vibrant capital of the Sunshine State.
George Williams Hotel is a favourite among savvy travellers who seek economical accommodation in a central location, without having to sacrifice on style and comfort.
Each of our 103 hotel rooms blend modern, minimalist décor with comfortable amenities to provide you with a relaxing homebase during your stay in Brisbane.
Plus, when booking accommodation directly through our secure site, you’ll enjoy exclusive perks ranging from complimentary upgrades (subject to availability) to late checkout until 11am to free cancellation up to 24 hrs prior to your arrival.
Our assurance to you:
- We are not accepting long or short term bookings for guests known or suspected to have COVID-19.
- In addition to enhancing our usual high cleaning standards, we have thorough and frequent sanitisation procedures across all areas of the building, including guest rooms.
- All hotel staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building and social distancing directives are clear and imposed.
- The team at George Williams Hotel is committed to providing a safer, cleaner and greener environment and will always be looking for ways to improve our guest experience.
Our George St Accommodation
With 103 George St hotel rooms and a range of configuration options, the George Williams Hotel offers accommodation to suit any need and budget, including:
Queen Terrace Room
Double Plus Single Rooms
More than just Brisbane CBD Accomodation
With its central location and close proximity to key public transport hubs, the George Williams Hotel is the perfect base for exploring Brisbane.
- 3 minute walk to the iconic shopping precinct Queen Street Mall
- 5 minute walk to Roma Street Transit station
- 8 minute walk to Central Train Station
- 13 minute walk to the heart of the Queensland Cultural Centre, including the Queensland Art Gallery, Gallery of Modern Art, Queensland Museum and Sciencentre, QPAC and the State Library of Queensland
- 14 minute walk to Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- 15 minute walk to South Bank Parklands
- 20 minute walk to Suncorp Stadium
Get the best available rates and enjoy unlimited Wi-Fi & complimentary room upgrades*
*Room upgrades are subject to availability
The Perfect Stop For CBD Conference Venues
With its unique combination of affordable pricing, central location, excellent service and customised flexibility, we are confident that George Williams Hotel is the perfect fit for your upcoming conference or event.
George Williams Hotel is also proud to be part of YMCA Brisbane’s hospitality portfolio, which sees our operating profits go back into the community to fund charitable programs — helping feed disadvantaged children, support cancer survivors and empower young people to transform their lives.
Choosing George Williams Hotel for your next conference or event is a unique opportunity for you to conference with a conscience.
Clean, natural light and comfortable room. I will stay here again. It’s a stroll to everything. Great location. Restaurant downstairs and 7-11 next door means that you don’t have to venture afar, but it’s a stones throw to the queen st mall, Southbank, city cats and everything Bris-Vegas has to offer.
Everything you need at a good price.
Perfect location, friendly and efficient staff ,small but freshly refurbished bathroom and everything works. No issues with Wi fi and plenty of food and beverage options nearby.
Will make it my go to place for future visits.
Great little hotel
I stay at this hotel whenever I’m in Brisbane on business. Staff are lovely and can’t do enough for you from check in to housekeeping.The rooms are basic but super clean and have all the amenities and a great location. 51st Street restaurant underneath is great too. Great menu and wine list. I always choose a Queen Terrace room which has a nice balcony for a glass of wine in the afternoon. There is a BWS across the road and a seven eleven 2 doors up. Central to everything such as Federal and State courts and everything in the CBD.
Comfortable hotel in the CBD
We were very happy with our 4 night stay at the hotel. We came into the city by train and it was only a short walk from the Roma street station. The room had everything that we needed for our short stay. Short walk to the mall, buses and city cat and city hopper stop and other city tourist attractions. The room wasnt noisy overnight.
Great location, clean room
The George William Hotel is a clean, recently refurbished hotel, in close proximity (about a 3 block walk/5 minutes) to Queen Street Mall. You are also close to the Brisbane River, with the Kurilpa Bridge (for pedestrians and cyclists) only a block away - meaning leisurely access to the Cultural Centre, West End and Southbank.